We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Top 25 VR Games We're Excited About
|Top 25 VR Games We're Excited About|
Virtual Reality is the next great frontier. VR has the potential to open up new worlds, new game designs, and even new paradigms in the entertainment industry. While many of the current VR applications are tech demos or demos of unfinished games, there are some games that have shown such great potential, such enormous talent, that we felt they deserved their own category.
With that being said, here are the Top 25 Games We're Excited About at VR Wiki.
- ARK: Survival Evolved
- Arizona Sunshine
- Driveclub VR
- EVE: Valkyrie
- Elite: Dangerous
- Star Citizen
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
- Gran Turismo Sport
- Here They Lie
- Job Simulator
- Land’s End
- Modern Zombie Taxi Co.
- No Man's Sky
- Psychonauts 2
- REZ Infinite
- Star Wars Battlefront: X-Wing VR Mission
- Tekken 7
- The Assembly
- War Thunder
- Wayward Sky
- World Rally Championship 6
ARK: Survival Evolved is an action-adventure survival game themed around dinosaurs. The game is from Virtual basement, Effecto Studios, Instinct Games, and Studio Wildcard. Early access for the Windows version of the game started on June 2nd, 2015, then expanded to OSX and Linux on July 1, 2015, and finally to Xbox One on December 16, 2015. The game is scheduled for release on Playstation 4, Xbox One, and Playstation VR in 2016.
The game features dinosaurs as well as avariety of firearms and improvised weapons. One of the big focuses of ARK is the construction of bases and the assaults that typically are launched against them.
As a man or woman stranded naked, freezing & starving on a mysterious island, you must hunt, harvest, craft items, grow crops, & build shelters to survive. Use skill & cunning to kill, tame, breed, & ride Dinosaurs & primeval creatures living on ARK, and team up with hundreds of players or play locally!
Adrift is a first-person adventure game from Three One Zero and 505 Games. The game was released on March 28th, 2016 for Windows, with Playstation 4 and Xbox One releases slated for later in 2016. The title focuses on an astronaut who awakens inside a space station with no memory of the accident which apparently destroyed it. The player needs to find clues and piece together the incident in order to progress and finally repair the return escape vehicle.
ADR1FT is an immersive First Person Experience (FPX) that tells the story of an astronaut in peril. Floating silently amongst the wreckage of a destroyed space station with no memory and a severely damaged EVA suit, the only survivor struggles to determine the cause of the catastrophic event that took the lives of everyone on board. The player fights to stay alive by exploring the wreckage for precious resources, and overcomes the challenges of an unforgiving environment to repair the damaged emergency escape vehicle and safely return home.
Arizona Sunshin is a zombie hack and slash survival game from Vertigo Games and Jaywalker Int. It is a launch title for the Playstation VR, HTC Vive, and Oculus Rift. The game is "room scale", meaning that it plays through an entire room space, so the player has to move around.
Step into the midst of a zombie apocalypse as if you were really there, and bash, slash and explode your way through hordes of undead close enough to touch. Arizona Sunshine has you battle for survival across a blistering hot, post-apocalyptic Arizona. Brought (back) to life with Steam VR on HTC Vive.
Chronos is a VR RPG experienced from Gunfire Games. Featuring a huge labyrinth filled with puzzles and traps, the player has to complete the trials or be cast out for an entire year. The player's age progresses with each failure, changing the dynamics and story of the game.
Chronos is an atmospheric RPG that chronicles one young hero’s lifelong quest to save their homeland from a great evil. Central to this quest is an ancient labyrinth, which holds the secrets necessary to restore life and peace to their home. However, the architects of this labyrinth designed it to open only once a year. The labyrinth is a test, and each time the hero fails they are cast out and must wait one year to return.
- Adventure RPG - Refreshing combination of Adventure Game elements and RPG mechanics.
- VR - Explore an atmospheric fantasy world in full Virtual Reality. The level of immersion, scale and detail is incredible!
- Unique leveling mechanic - Each journey into the labyrinth cost the Hero a measure of his life. Player’s must adapt to their advancing age as they progress their character; start the game young , nimble and quick, and end wise and more attuned to magic.
- Unlock the Secrets of the Labyrinth - There are many mysteries behind the origins of the labyrinth. Who built it? Why did they build it? What does it do?
5. Driveclub VR
Driveclub is a racing simulation gaem from Evolution Studios and Sony Computer Entertainment. It was originally released on October 7th, 2014, and a VR version of the game was announced during the 2016 E3 presentation. The game has a campaign, as well as an international challenge mode where players can race against one another and complete challenges in unique, interesting ways.
Get ready for a PlayStation 4 racing game like you’ve never seen. Developed by Evolution Studios, the team behind the best-selling MotorStorm® franchise, DRIVECLUB™ is all about you and your friends. It’s about teamwork; it’s about everyone fighting for one another and earning rewards together – and most importantly it’s about sharing in the sheer thrill of every race. Enjoy the excitement of high-speed solo racing, or join a racing club to discover what DRIVECLUB is all about. Created specifically with the next-generation gamer in mind, DRIVECLUB leverages the networking power and social capabilities of the PS4 to seamlessly and immediately connect you and your friends, always allowing you to share your experiences, send and receive challenges, and keep up to speed with your team’s performance.
DRIVECLUB brings to life the heart and soul of car culture. An incredible, authentic and immersive PS4 driving experience, DRIVECLUB makes you feel the exhilaration of driving the most powerful and beautifully designed cars in the world; all rendered in staggering detail, inside and out as you race them in richly detailed real-world locations alongside your Club.
Valkyrie is a multiplayer dogfighting simulation game set in the Eve Online MMO universe. It was released to Oculus Rift on March 28th, 2016, and is planned for release to the Playstation VR in October of 2016. An HTC Vive version will release later in 2016. The game was originally a launch title for Oculus Rift.
In EVE: Valkyrie, you are an elite space fighter pilot who has recently become immortal, thanks to the efforts of Rán Kavik, leader of the breakaway pirate group known as the Valkyrie. As a newly-recruited member of the Valkyrie, you will battle rival pirate factions for wealth, supremacy, and notoriety.
EVE: Valkyrie features:
- Bleeding-edge virtual reality gameplay
- Gorgeous, immersive AAA visuals and production
- Competitive social multiplayer action
- Single-player PVE modes
- Skill-based character progression and ship upgrades
- Rich EVE Universe setting and deep backstory
Elite: Dangerous, also rendered as Elite Dangerous, is a space flight, adventure, combat, exploration, and trading simulator. It was originally released December 16th, 2014 to Windows, October 6th, 2015 on OSX, and announced for Playstation 4 and Playstation VR. The game is set in a 1:1 universal simulation based on the Milky Way galaxy.
Elite Dangerous is the definitive massively multiplayer space epic, bringing gaming’s original open world adventure to the modern generation with a connected galaxy, evolving narrative and the entirety of the Milky Way re-created at its full galactic proportions.
Starting with only a small starship and a few credits, players do whatever it takes to earn the skill, knowledge, wealth and power to survive in a futuristic cutthroat galaxy and to stand among the ranks of the iconic Elite. In an age of galactic superpowers and interstellar war, every player’s story influences the unique connected gaming experience and handcrafted evolving narrative. Governments fall, battles are lost and won, and humanity’s frontier is reshaped, all by players’ actions.
400 Billion Star Systems. Infinite Freedom. Blaze Your Own Trail.
8. Star Citizen
Star Citizen is a multi-part game currently in development fro Cloud Imperium Games and Roberts Space Industries. Split between first person combat, mining, exploration, and trade, as well as drop-in combat and co-operative multiplayer, the title is a spiritual successor to the Wing Commander series.
Both components of the game, Star Citizen and the expansion pack Squadron 42, are based in a 30th century version of the Milky Way Galaxy, and centered on the United Empire of Earth.
Star Citizen Alpha 2.4 brings persistence to the universe, offering players access to capital-sized multi-crew ships, large world maps and FPS combat. The latest update brings the flight-ready Starfarer & Starfarer Gemini, hangar-ready Reliant, ongoing persistence, in-game shopping and countless fixes and balance updates.
Open World Missions
- 8 Comm Array missions involving dogfighting and EVA, 8 Research missions involving protecting civilians or recovering lost data and 1 Exploration mission of an abandoned station.
- 20+ Random Encounters – Most are random dogfighting encounters, often with a mix of friendlies and hostiles. 4 are random exploration missions involving finding lost wrecks.
- Monitored Space – large areas of the Crusader system actively monitored by Crusader Industries, activated and deactivated by Comm arrays.
- Bounty system – Criminal activities inside of Monitored space now give players Wanted levels, which will eventually cause a bounty mission to be placed on them. Criminals can also attempt to elude bounty hunters by accessing a computer on Kareah to have their bounty lifted.
First Person Shooter
- Recharging energy weapons.
- In-game pick-ups including ballistic weapons, ammo and MediPens.
- Player healing.
- Due to the open-world architecture of the Crusader system, FPS combat can occur on space stations, on the decks of ships, or even while engaged in EVA.
- A space station location specifically designed for and dedicated to FPS combat, including many stores and caches of personal weapons.
- (NEW) The MISC Starfarer and Starfarer Gemini are now flyable!
- (NEW) New stores have opened their doors on Port Olisar!
- (NEW) Casaba Outlet sells a variety of shirts, jackets, pants, hats and shoes allowing you to customize your player avatar.
- (NEW) Cubby Blast, Live Fire Weapons, and Garrity Defense all sell a variety of weapons, ammo, medpacks, armor, and flight suits to help prepare you for the dangers that await in the Crusader System.
- Constant and ongoing skirmishes and space dogfights between Pirate factions and insystem security forces in the Yela asteroid belt.
- Wreckage to scavenge in the Yela asteroid belt.
- Ship Repair, Refuel and Restocking at Cry-Astro.
- EVA – Extravehicular activity.
- Multicrew Ships.
- Multicrew ship gameplay! You’re not tied to your seat, you can walk around inside your ship with friends, and assume different responsibilities at different crew stations, such as ship’s pilot or copilot, engineer, or turret gunner.
- Ship to space transitions.
- Seamless first-person gameplay! Transit between the interior of your ship to outer space and back without any loading screen! Fly, fight, and spacewalk all in the same game.
- Quantum Travel, complete with limited fuel mechanics.
- All non-fighter craft have a Quantum Drive that allows them to travel through local space at genuinely 0.2 speed of light.
- Mobiglass Mission and Journal system.
- EMP warfare in the Avenger Warlock.
- Large World tech that allows for extremely large expanses of space to explore without loading screens.
- New IFCS Flight models.
- Ship repair refuel and restock.
- Party system.
- Multi-ship crew stations.
- IFCS Flight Modes – Precision, SCM, and Cruise flight modes.
- Ship-to-ship EMP and disruption damage.
1 planet: Crusader. 3 moons: Yela with its asteroid belt, Cellin with a station and Daymar with a station. 3 distinct stations: Port Olisar (The new local shipping hub, a space hotel players get their start in), Security Post Kareah (our FPS PvP location), Covalex Shipping Hub (Abandoned shipping hub, acting as an EVA exploration location for players). 9 Cry-Astro repair and restock station. 8 Comm arrays with encounters, missions and EVA exploration.
In-lore Arena Commander is a simulation module that pilots can plug into and practice in. It’s served as the testing ground for much of our flight and in-combat ship experience. All ships listed as flyable pre-2.0.0 PTU can be flown and fight in any of these modes.
- (NEW) The Amon & Reese Plasma Scattergun (aka Pyroburst), a new size 3 weapon that sprays self-detonating plasma projectiles, sacrigicing pinpoint accuracy for area saturation.
- Game modes include (Available in both single and multiplayer):
- Racing Mode, with three unique “tracks” of increasing difficulty. It is referred to as the Murray Cup in lore.
- Free-flight mode, with no time limit, AI enemies or goals on your choice of two unique maps, Dying Star or Broken Moon.
- Vanduul Swarm, on two unique maps, Dying Star or Broken Moon. Do battle with wave after wave of increasingly difficult enemy Vanduul ships.
- Single player mode has AI teammates to help you.
- Multiplayer mode is up to four players in a team vs the Vanduul Swarm.
Multiplayer only game modes include:
- Battle Royale, a free for all combat mode with four to sixteen players. The player who scores the most total points within the time limit is the winner.
- Squadron Battle, a team vs team fight with four to eight players on each side. The team who scores the most points against the rival team within the time limit is the winner.
- Capture the Core, a team-based capture the “flag” game mode with teams of four to six players on each side. The first team to score five captures wins.
- All can be played on two unique maps, Dying Star or Broken Moon.
- Public free-matches are limited four per side.
Social Module: ArcCorp
Area 18 is a city on ArcCorp, a planet in the Stanton system and our first interactive planetside environment.
- (NEW) Casaba Outlet can be found at Area18 and sells a variety of shirts, jackets, pants, hats and shoes allowing you to customize your player avatar!
- Gameplay is focused on individual exploration and social interaction.
- The zone contains a customs area, shops, Medical Bay, items (not yet buyable) and a bar.
- Augmented Reality mode allowed players to see names of other characters and view the names/details/prices of any items they look at.
- Fully destructible Greycat Buggies that players could drive around the zone, with the ability to run over and kill other players or destroy said buggies.
- Our first player experience with death and respawn into a Medical Bay after being run down.
- Some NPCs, with interaction being developed now.
- Introduced our chat and animated/voiced emote system. With the ability to create and join multiple chat channels, zone into ArcCorp instances with their friends, and interact with them on a much more personal level.
- Up to 36 players, with a hard cap of 40. The soft cap is to allow for friends to join the same instance together.
The Hangar Module
Hangars are where players can view and explore their ships, as well as decorative items, objects and subscription flair items that we sell from the store. Hangars can expand from one to up to five bays depending on the number of ships loaded into them on the website.
- We currently have four hangars. SelfLand, Aeroview, Revel & York, and VFG Industrial.
- Each bay can hold 3 small ships, 1 medium or 1 large ship. Expanded options are in development.
- One exception is VFG Industrial. The central bay for VFG Industrial can only hold 3 small or 1 medium, not a large ship.
- Another is the Revel & York. This hangar has a larger adjuct space to house the massive MISC Starfarer, available in game now.
- The Million Mile High Club is available to those with the eligible package.
- View, explore and interact with your ships or the hangars.
- Use the LiveWorks AR system to remove, add or change the equipment loadout on your ships, and decorate your hangar with flair items like posters to a small bar or Jukebox.
- Drive around in a Greycat Buggy (if available).
Farlands is an exploration and tech demo game featured on Oculus Rift. The title is meant to function as sort of a tech demo for the console.
Farlands is a research mission to a little alien planet you can visit every day.
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn is the online installment to the Final Fantasy line of games from Square Enix.
FINAL FANTASY® XIV: A Realm Reborn™ is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) for Windows® PC, PlayStation®3 and PlayStation®4 that invites you to explore the realm of Eorzea with friends from around the world. Form a party and adventure with a multitude of players from across the globe. Forge friendships, mount chocobos, and board airships as you and your companions create your own unique stories in Eorzea. Set out alone or enlist the aid of friends as you undertake epic quests, battle familiar FINAL FANTASY monsters, and acquire unique abilities and equipment. All the classic elements from the series that you have come to know and love are waiting! Embark on the adventure of a lifetime to help reforge the fate of Eorzea on PC or PS3.
Eorzea. A Land embraced by Gods and forged by Heroes. Seeking control of this realm and its abundant crystal resources, the Garlean Empire sends forth a massive host on a campaign to conquer its southern neighbor. Driven by madness, the commander of the invading forces silently plots to tear the moon from the heavens and hurl it down upon the land. The people of the realm soon learn of this foul scheme, and join their hands in prayer in an eleventh-hour attempt to entreat the aid of the gods, only to see their endeavors fail. From within the moon emerges Bahamut, an ancient terror seething with rage fueled by countless generations of imprisonment. Sensing the tug of Fate, a powerful magus channels the last of his strength to send Eorzea’s heroes into a temporal rift. There they wait, untouched by the flames of destruction, until they are needed again. Those heroes are you, and the hour of awakening is now. Come and witness a realm reborn.
- All the hallmarks of the FINAL FANTASY franchise, including an engaging storyline, genre-leading graphics, and HD real time cut scenes
- Robust gameplay features such as player-run Free Companies, story-driven player-vs.-player content, and a unique summoning system, all designed to accommodate a dynamic player community
- Incredible new graphics engine that delivers a high level of detail and quality on the Windows PC, PlayStation®3, and PlayStation®4 platforms
- A flexible class system that allows players to change to any of the eighteen different classes on the fly, simply by swapping their equipped weapon or tool
- Breathtaking musical score by renowned FINAL FANTASY series composers
- Cross-platform play on Windows PC and PlayStation®3
Gran Turismo Sport is the new title from SCE in the Grand Turismo series.
In 1997, Gran Turismo (GT) introduced to the world the ability to realistically recreate automobiles in 3DCG and allow gamers to virtually experience them on their home consoles. Since then, the GT series has recorded a total of 76.74 million copies (*), breaking records and winning awards on the way. On November 15th, the makers of GT will take the title to the next level with the release of Gran Turismo Sport for the PlayStation®4 console, where it will promote the rebirth of motorsports with its partnership with the Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA).
12. Here They Lie
Here They Lie is a dark psychological horror experience that transports you to a terrifying, surreal world inhabited by strange and malevolent creatures. Unimaginable horrors lurk around every corner, just out of sight, haunting and infecting your mind. Dare yourself to go deeper down the rabbit hole and confront the meaning of your existence. With a focus on narrative, and the experience of dread, Here They Lie is not your typical survival horror game.
13. Job Simulator
A tongue-in-cheek virtual reality experience for HTC Vive. In a world where robots have replaced all human jobs, step into the "Job Simulator" to learn what it was like 'to job'.
14. Land’s End
Land's End is a VR adventure from the creators of Monument Valley . Set against spectacular landscapes, the player is tasked with awakening an ancient civilization using the powers of their mind. Land's End combines ustwo games’ award-winning approach to interactive storytelling with Samsung Gear VR, creating an incredible virtual reality experience that you can take anywhere.
Land's End is available now via the Oculus store. You can pre-order the Gear VR here.
Minecraft is a game about placing blocks and going on adventures. Explore randomly generated worlds and build amazing things from the simplest of homes to the grandest of castles. Play in Creative Mode with unlimited resources or mine deep in Survival Mode, crafting weapons and armor to fend off dangerous mobs. Do all this alone or with friends.
The Modern Zombie Taxi Co. is a new and exciting PlayStation VR game that lets you experience zombies in a completely new way. As seemingly the last human on earth, you take on the task of driving these brain-eating (and tea-drinking) bodies to their chosen destination – but you better do it the RIGHT WAY!
The Modern Zombie Taxi Co. allows you to get up-close with the zombies in a fun and quirky way as they bounce around in your car, shamble about, and (poorly) drive around town. You’ll find that some zombies have very particular requests for their taxi ride, and they will make sure to tell you all about them as they careen about inside your car and invade your personal space. If they get too close, you can always just punch them off using your own hands with one-to-one tracking using the DualShock 4 wireless controller and PlayStation Camera!
The Modern Zombie Taxi Co.: Because zombies have to get to the pub somehow.
17. No Man's Sky
No Man's Sky is an upcoming procedural science fiction game developed by English developer Hello Games out of Guildford, UK. Hello Games is best known for their Joe Danger series, and is bringing their unique development style to No Man's Sky. The game will feature planetary exploration, deep oceans, space-based battles, predators and prey, and much more across various procedurally-generated worlds. Each world will have its own ecosystems, rewards, and dangers.
18. Psychonauts 2
In the year 2000, Tim Schafer and a small gang of his friends and former colleagues started their own company, Double Fine Productions. They would spend the better part of the next five years working on a game that was destined to become a cult classic. Of course, no one knew that then, with the trials and tribulations the team went through at the time — from backed up toilets, to publisher cancellations — it’s a miracle the game was ever released.
But it was! Psychonauts was born on April 19th, 2005 to critical acclaim and immediately found a die-hard fan base. But that wasn’t all! Psychonauts also had the uncanny ability to get inside the minds of those who played it. They told their friends about it, and they told their friends about it… Psychonauts continuously gained momentum over the years since its release. It has grown to become a genre-defining title that is thought of fondly by millions of players around the world.
The original game follows the story of a young psychic named Razputin in his quest to join an elite group of international psychic secret agents, the Psychonauts. He runs away from the circus and breaks into their secret training facility, Whispering Rock Psychic Summer Camp. As he begins his training by psychically delving inside the consciousnesses of his tutors and those around him, he realizes all is not as it seems, and soon embarks upon a psychic odyssey through a variety of levels set inside the minds of misfits, monsters, and madmen.
But the story of Psychonauts is only the start of Razputin’s adventures. The game ends on a cliffhanger with the promise of more to come… Now it’s time to tell that story.
In Psychonauts 2, Raz realizes his dream and visits Psychonauts Headquarters. However, when he gets there, he finds it's not the perfect place he expected and quickly realizes that the Psychonauts need him more than he needs them.
Psychonauts 2 will feature a new hub world inside Psychonauts HQ. You’ll access new mental worlds as Raz peeks inside the minds of a host of new characters who need his help to combat their inner demons and unravel their deep-seated emotional issues. Raz will hone his secret agent PSI-abilities—and learn new ones too—using them to solve mysteries and uncover evil plots.
19. REZ Infinite
15 years after the original Rez won hearts and blew minds on the PS2, its unique blend of shooting-rhythm-action returns as Rez Infinite -- infinitely improved and evolved for a new generation of hardware, and a new generation of gamers.
Blast through Rez Infinite on your PS4 to appreciate its razor-sharp 1080p resolution, silky-smooth 60 frames-per-second motion, and full 7.1 surround-sound support (for what’s been called one of the greatest gaming soundtracks ever made), or plug in your PlayStation VR headset and experience 360 degrees of mind-blowing synesthesia (at 120 frames-per-second!), as colors and sounds sync and blend around you, all in time to Rez’s legendary techno-flavored beats in full 3D audio.
And that's not all. Keep an eye out for future announcements leading up to the release of Rez Infinite in 2016, including details on all-new, original content.
What all does Rez-mastermind Tetsuya Mizuguchi have in store for us? The possibilities are Infinite...
Piloting an X-Wing is an aspect of the Star Wars universe many of us have dreamed of experiencing. It’s something from the films we remember watching with awe, and even reenacted throughout our lives.
Virtual reality brings us one step closer to realizing this amazing dream of piloting an X-wing in space. With this incredible new platform, you will be instantaneously transported from the comforts of your living room to an X-Wing cockpit in space. And with the artists at Criterion and DICE meticulously crafting every authentic detail, the experience feels more real than you can imagine.
Once you look outside your ship, you’ll start to take in and appreciate the sheer magnitude of the environment in which you’re sitting. Sure, you may think you know that a Blockade Runner or a Star Destroyer are big, but once you’re firing at Imperial forces alongside their hulls as you maneuver around their defenses, then you’ll truly comprehend the enormity of these starships. It’s intensely exciting!
Best of all, this amazing offering will be free for all owners of Star Wars Battlefront on PS4. Millions of you have joined the Star Wars Battlefront community since the game’s launch in December and we couldn’t think of a better reward for that loyalty and take your experience to a completely new level.
We hope you enjoy playing it as much as we are enjoying making it.
21. Tekken 7
Tekken 7 (鉄拳7?) is a fighting game developed and published by Bandai Namco Entertainment. The game is the ninth installment in the Tekken series, and the first to make use of the Unreal Engine. Tekken 7 had a limited arcade release in Japan on February 18, 2015, followed by another unfinished release on March 18, 2015. An updated arcade version, Tekken 7: Fated Retribution, will be released in Japan in July 2016. It will feature an expanded content including new stages, costumes, items, and characters. The same version will also be released for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Microsoft Windows in early 2017.
22. The Assembly
The Assembly, a mysterious organisation hidden from the world, has been experimenting outside the constraints of government scrutiny and society’s morals. But what secrets is it hiding? What will it sacrifice in the name of progress?
As a chain of events threatens to expose the Assembly, two individuals – each with their own perspectives and motivations – are offered a chance to shape the future. For better or worse, the impossible choices they face will transform not just their own lives, but that of whole nations.
The Assembly is an immersive, interactive story in VR where there are two sides to everything. An experience where perspectives shift, the right choice is never clear, and a question is always left open: When does the end justify the means?
23. War Thunder
War Thunder offers a highly detailed and personalized military aviation and land battle experience, giving players access to hundreds of models of aircraft with detailed cockpits, ground vehicles with awesome firepower, flying and driving skills that can be honed and improved with each mission. Thanks to the game’s painstaking attention to detail, you’ll truly feel like a World War II warrior in the air and on land as you plunge into battle.
- Cross-platform battles between PC, PS4, Mac and Linux users – everyone on the same server
- Over 600 of historically accurate aircraft and ground vehicles: fighters, bombers, attackers, tanks, self-propelled artillery and anti-air vehicles
- Multiple realism settings allow advanced virtual pilots, tankers and beginners to enjoy the game regardless of experience.
- Rich PvE content: historical and dynamic campaigns, solo missions, mission editor, available for single-player and cooperative gameplay.
- Astonishing graphics, authentic sound effects, and beautiful music
- Support for user-created content – more at War Thunder Live
24. Wayward Sky
In Wayward Sky, you are Bess, a young co-pilot flying with your father when you crash into a mysterious fortress that emerges out of the clouds. With your father kidnapped and plane in ruins, you set out to explore the flying fortress and rescue your father. To guide Bess around the fortress, you point with your head to anywhere and press an action button on the PS4 controller to have her walk there. We’ve designed wide open environments and we play with layered verticality to really show off the power of what it feels like to inhabit a space in VR.
The game switches between a third-person for movement with cameras hovering over a space and at times switch to a first-person view as Bess interacts with puzzles in the world. There’s also a scale change switch between the two perspectives that’s only possible to do in VR. In third-person, we scale the player camera so it feels like you are a giant looking down on a miniature world. When switching to 1st person, we scale the camera to a standard human scale and you feel like you are standing in the space.
The FIA World Rally Championship (WRC) pits drivers and production-based cars against some of the toughest and most varied conditions on the planet. In 2015, the roads on this epic motorsport adventure are spread across 14 countries, with 13 rallies on everything from snow packed forest tracks to rock-strewn mountain passes.