|Roberts Space Industries|
No score yet
No Score yet
Summary[edit | edit source]
Star Citizen is a multi-part game currently in development fro Cloud Imperium Games and Roberts Space Industries. Split between first person combat, mining, exploration, and trade, as well as drop-in combat and co-operative multiplayer, the title is a spiritual successor to the Wing Commander series.
Both components of the game, Star Citizen and the expansion pack Squadron 42, are based in a 30th century version of the Milky Way Galaxy, and centered on the United Empire of Earth.
Official Summary[edit | edit source]
Star Citizen Alpha 2.4 brings persistence to the universe, offering players access to capital-sized multi-crew ships, large world maps and FPS combat. The latest update brings the flight-ready Starfarer & Starfarer Gemini, hangar-ready Reliant, ongoing persistence, in-game shopping and countless fixes and balance updates.
Open World Missions[edit | edit source]
- 8 Comm Array missions involving dogfighting and EVA, 8 Research missions involving protecting civilians or recovering lost data and 1 Exploration mission of an abandoned station.
- 20+ Random Encounters – Most are random dogfighting encounters, often with a mix of friendlies and hostiles. 4 are random exploration missions involving finding lost wrecks.
- Monitored Space – large areas of the Crusader system actively monitored by Crusader Industries, activated and deactivated by Comm arrays.
- Bounty system – Criminal activities inside of Monitored space now give players Wanted levels, which will eventually cause a bounty mission to be placed on them. Criminals can also attempt to elude bounty hunters by accessing a computer on Kareah to have their bounty lifted.
First Person Shooter[edit | edit source]
- Recharging energy weapons.
- In-game pick-ups including ballistic weapons, ammo and MediPens.
- Player healing.
- Due to the open-world architecture of the Crusader system, FPS combat can occur on space stations, on the decks of ships, or even while engaged in EVA.
- A space station location specifically designed for and dedicated to FPS combat, including many stores and caches of personal weapons.
More Features[edit | edit source]
- (NEW) The MISC Starfarer and Starfarer Gemini are now flyable!
- (NEW) New stores have opened their doors on Port Olisar!
- (NEW) Casaba Outlet sells a variety of shirts, jackets, pants, hats and shoes allowing you to customize your player avatar.
- (NEW) Cubby Blast, Live Fire Weapons, and Garrity Defense all sell a variety of weapons, ammo, medpacks, armor, and flight suits to help prepare you for the dangers that await in the Crusader System.
- Constant and ongoing skirmishes and space dogfights between Pirate factions and insystem security forces in the Yela asteroid belt.
- Wreckage to scavenge in the Yela asteroid belt.
- Ship Repair, Refuel and Restocking at Cry-Astro.
- EVA – Extravehicular activity.
- Multicrew Ships.
- Multicrew ship gameplay! You’re not tied to your seat, you can walk around inside your ship with friends, and assume different responsibilities at different crew stations, such as ship’s pilot or copilot, engineer, or turret gunner.
- Ship to space transitions.
- Seamless first-person gameplay! Transit between the interior of your ship to outer space and back without any loading screen! Fly, fight, and spacewalk all in the same game.
- Quantum Travel, complete with limited fuel mechanics.
- All non-fighter craft have a Quantum Drive that allows them to travel through local space at genuinely 0.2 speed of light.
- Mobiglass Mission and Journal system.
- EMP warfare in the Avenger Warlock.
- Large World tech that allows for extremely large expanses of space to explore without loading screens.
- New IFCS Flight models.
- Ship repair refuel and restock.
- Party system.
- Multi-ship crew stations.
- IFCS Flight Modes – Precision, SCM, and Cruise flight modes.
- Ship-to-ship EMP and disruption damage.
Locations[edit | edit source]
1 planet: Crusader. 3 moons: Yela with its asteroid belt, Cellin with a station and Daymar with a station. 3 distinct stations: Port Olisar (The new local shipping hub, a space hotel players get their start in), Security Post Kareah (our FPS PvP location), Covalex Shipping Hub (Abandoned shipping hub, acting as an EVA exploration location for players). 9 Cry-Astro repair and restock station. 8 Comm arrays with encounters, missions and EVA exploration.
Arena Commander[edit | edit source]
In-lore Arena Commander is a simulation module that pilots can plug into and practice in. It’s served as the testing ground for much of our flight and in-combat ship experience. All ships listed as flyable pre-2.0.0 PTU can be flown and fight in any of these modes.
- (NEW) The Amon & Reese Plasma Scattergun (aka Pyroburst), a new size 3 weapon that sprays self-detonating plasma projectiles, sacrigicing pinpoint accuracy for area saturation.
- Game modes include (Available in both single and multiplayer):
- Racing Mode, with three unique “tracks” of increasing difficulty. It is referred to as the Murray Cup in lore.
- Free-flight mode, with no time limit, AI enemies or goals on your choice of two unique maps, Dying Star or Broken Moon.
- Vanduul Swarm, on two unique maps, Dying Star or Broken Moon. Do battle with wave after wave of increasingly difficult enemy Vanduul ships.
- Single player mode has AI teammates to help you.
- Multiplayer mode is up to four players in a team vs the Vanduul Swarm.
Multiplayer only game modes include:
- Battle Royale, a free for all combat mode with four to sixteen players. The player who scores the most total points within the time limit is the winner.
- Squadron Battle, a team vs team fight with four to eight players on each side. The team who scores the most points against the rival team within the time limit is the winner.
- Capture the Core, a team-based capture the “flag” game mode with teams of four to six players on each side. The first team to score five captures wins.
- All can be played on two unique maps, Dying Star or Broken Moon.
- Public free-matches are limited four per side.
Social Module: ArcCorp[edit | edit source]
Area 18 is a city on ArcCorp, a planet in the Stanton system and our first interactive planetside environment.
- (NEW) Casaba Outlet can be found at Area18 and sells a variety of shirts, jackets, pants, hats and shoes allowing you to customize your player avatar!
- Gameplay is focused on individual exploration and social interaction.
- The zone contains a customs area, shops, Medical Bay, items (not yet buyable) and a bar.
- Augmented Reality mode allowed players to see names of other characters and view the names/details/prices of any items they look at.
- Fully destructible Greycat Buggies that players could drive around the zone, with the ability to run over and kill other players or destroy said buggies.
- Our first player experience with death and respawn into a Medical Bay after being run down.
- Some NPCs, with interaction being developed now.
- Introduced our chat and animated/voiced emote system. With the ability to create and join multiple chat channels, zone into ArcCorp instances with their friends, and interact with them on a much more personal level.
- Up to 36 players, with a hard cap of 40. The soft cap is to allow for friends to join the same instance together.
The Hangar Module[edit | edit source]
Hangars are where players can view and explore their ships, as well as decorative items, objects and subscription flair items that we sell from the store. Hangars can expand from one to up to five bays depending on the number of ships loaded into them on the website.
- We currently have four hangars. SelfLand, Aeroview, Revel & York, and VFG Industrial.
- Each bay can hold 3 small ships, 1 medium or 1 large ship. Expanded options are in development.
- One exception is VFG Industrial. The central bay for VFG Industrial can only hold 3 small or 1 medium, not a large ship.
- Another is the Revel & York. This hangar has a larger adjuct space to house the massive MISC Starfarer, available in game now.
- The Million Mile High Club is available to those with the eligible package.
- View, explore and interact with your ships or the hangars.
- Use the LiveWorks AR system to remove, add or change the equipment loadout on your ships, and decorate your hangar with flair items like posters to a small bar or Jukebox.
- Drive around in a Greycat Buggy (if available).