Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Google Cardboard Troubleshooting
My QR code doesn't work[edit | edit source]
There're a few solutions to this issue:
- Check that your phone has an internet connection.
- Find the QR code on your manufacturer's website, and scan that.
- Make a QR code using the information from the manufacturer site.
My screen doesn't look right[edit | edit source]
- Check the position of the phone in the viewer. The center line on the app screen should line up with the center of the viewer.
- Check the configuration. Make sure your phone is configured for the viewer you're using.
- Check compatibility. Make sure your smartphone works with Cardboard.
I don't see my phone screen[edit | edit source]
If your phone screen is black or you can't see the Google Cardboard app:
- Close the Google Cardboard app .
- Open the Google Cardboard app .
- If you're still having trouble, close the app and reopen it again.
I'm having trouble seeing images through my viewer[edit | edit source]
First make sure you have the correct viewer profile:
From the Google Cardboard app, tap Settings > Google Cardboard.
If you're still having trouble after you've verified your viewer profile:
Make sure you're using an approved app. Take the phone out of the viewer to look for these items on your screen:
- At the bottom, there is a Settings icon.
- In the center, there is a vertical line.
If you can see the vertical line while using the viewer:
- Slide your phone left or right until the line disappears.
- Turn up the brightness on your phone screen.
To focus better:
- After your phone is properly set up inside the viewer, look at an object that is far away.
- Close your eyes and bring the viewer up to your face.
My phone is too large or small for the viewer[edit | edit source]
- Use both hands to hold the phone more firmly inside the Cardboard viewer.
- Remove the case if you have one on your phone.
My phone keeps going to the home screen[edit | edit source]
- Close and reopen the Google Cardboard app .
- When you close the flap over your phone, don't close it too tightly. If you push too hard, the flap could press the phone's "home" button.
My phone is frozen[edit | edit source]
Restart your phone. Then, open the Google Cardboard app again.
[edit | edit source]
If you have a button at the top of your viewer:
- With your phone out of the viewer, close the flap that holds your phone.
- Look into the viewer and find the tab that is meant to touch the phone screen.
- Press and release the viewer button. Make sure that the tab is:
- Moving back and forth.
- Not pushed forward so that it is in constant contact with the phone screen.
- Not stuck in a forward position.
- If the button still doesn't work, contact the manufacturer.